Hints for a Good Reading
By the Rev. Rita Faubel NST
1. Try to put your mind at ease and relax before you seek a Medium's help. It creates a better atmosphere for the reading and makes it easier for Spirit to make contact.
2. Let the Medium proceed in his or her own manner. Don't expect your most pressing problems to be discussed at once.
3. Spirit provides evidence of identity in many different ways. It may be by name, description, relationships, incidence, etc. Be willing to verify such evidential information so the Medium can proceed to any message that is to be given.
4. Let the Medium know when they are correct. don't try to confuse them. Be fair.
5. Arguing or wanting things done your way makes it difficult for the Medium to function effectively and may lead to failure.
6. Something may make more sense by the end of the reading, or understanding of the message may come at a later time-after you have had a chance to think about it. So don't be quick to say "No" to what is given by the Medium.
7. The true success of a reading is not always measured by prophesy but be the guidance it provides. Prediction is possible, but you have the power to change coming events.
8. A good reading should explain the Philosophy of harmonious living. Mediumship is not fortune telling.
9. If you wish to ask a question, or questions meditate on them in advance of the meeting. Give spirit ample time to get an answer. No spirit claims to have an answer on the spur of the moment. After all you are communicating with people.
10. Don't try to prolong a reading. The Medium realizes that the forces are gone. You are always welcome to come again.